3.19.2009

Ward Kimball Signed Library Card

I recently bought this cool artifact!



A library card signed by one of the Nine Old Men!! Ward Kimball probably got this out of the Burbank library. It's not much to look at, but I'm so stoked!

I can now add this to my signed book, Kimball's Art Afterpieces, that I bought at a store in Burbank when I used to live out there for very cheap. When I purchased it, apparently they priced it so low not knowing that his signature was in the book, and the guy at the counter quickly offered to buy it back from me for twice and then quadruple the price he had marked it as. I rejected his offers - not because of the money but because I just wanted to own an authentically signed Ward Kimball book. When I went back there last summer, the store had gone out of business. It was located next door to Blast from the Past. I don't really want to scan the signature since it's on the inside front cover of the book and it is somewhat delicate, but this is what the front cover looks like.


I also won a group of Ward Kimball's tin toys on ebay last year that I keep in my toy collection. I'll post those sometime too.

Oh hey, look! There's Ward in that picture below! And who's he with? I forget his name...Walt something or another, I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The card is very cool!
I know how you feel I picked up 2 cards one signed by Marc Davis and the other signed by Claude Coats.
They are just to cool!

Kristen said...

You are the hugest nerd in the United States. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yep one of the biggest Disney nerds out here :D